Question:
Why do I even have to exist?
2014-04-10 04:51:14 UTC
Why could I have been non-existent? Why does existence exist? I wish I never existed!
Twelve answers:
Paul
2014-04-10 05:41:48 UTC
God chose for you to be here, and there is a reason for that, although finding out what that reason is will be a life long pursuit.

You don't have to be here, now that you have arrived at the point of being able to choose, now choose well because in life there are no redos.
?
2014-04-10 05:05:32 UTC
You are hear to "contribute" something...anything, whether it be an artistic talent or just making a difference in another's life. It entirely up to you to learn your "assignment" or "mission". Develop and use your God-given skills. Any kind of help is welcomed in making this a better world for all.
Jepchamp
2014-04-10 04:53:37 UTC
If you didn't exist, you wouldn't have any consciousness to know that. Don't be so dramatic. You wish you never existed? No, you don't.

Edit: Not because of god, because of sex.
WackoJacko
2014-04-10 05:13:35 UTC
I'm sorry you feel like that but do you not know how extremely improbable it is that you actually do exist and are here and get to experience life? There are so many more ways for you not to exist than there are ways for you to exist.

What you said also reminded me of the following by Jacob Bronowski: "Dream or nightmare, we have to live our experience as it is. and we have to live it awake. We live in a world which is penetrated through and through by science and which is both whole and real. We cannot turn it into a game simply by taking sides."

One of my favourite books is "Unweaving the Rainbow" by Richard Dawkins. It contains possibly my most favourite passage in a book ever, I turn to it frequently and I think it's appropriate to share here and if you are not much of a reader there's also an extended video of him speaking it:

"We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones. Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born. The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Sahara. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively exceeds the set of actual people. In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here."

More than anything if you are unhappy do what you need to do to get happy again :)
?
2014-04-10 04:53:18 UTC
Once born we have to continue to live, you may not be happy with life, but may be someone great will be born in your future generation, you are only here to help with the arrival of great one.
?
2014-04-10 15:02:18 UTC
Thoughts of suicide do not indicate a spiritual problem. Get mental health advice.
?
2014-04-10 04:56:28 UTC
You can do something about that if you really want to, but I don't think you want it that much :D

We all feel that way sometimes.
?
2014-04-10 04:55:38 UTC
Because we loveeeee you :)

Idk where that came from lol gay things just jump out my mind today
biggalloot2003
2014-04-10 04:52:56 UTC
“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”

― John Wayne
David at Your Service
2014-04-10 05:04:38 UTC
Because God created you for good works (Eph 2:10). So get busy.
?
2014-04-10 05:28:36 UTC
Ignorance (Avijja) and Craving (Tanha) made you exist.
2014-04-10 04:56:42 UTC
Because God.