Question:
For those that believe in judgement, what are the signs that make you think it's coming soon?
2006-03-08 15:13:14 UTC
For those that believe in judgement, what are the signs that make you think it's coming soon?
Ten answers:
taiko mol
2006-03-08 22:27:45 UTC
First let me say that I don't believe in a literal judgement. However there is a common vision that many religions seem to share about the endtimes. Namely the appearance or knowledge of "black holes".

Christianity: "The sun will be darkened. (Matthew24 and elsewhere)

Judaism: "The sun shall be turned to darkness". (Book of Joel, and elsewhere)

Hinduism: The Night of Brahma. Where "The cosmos collapses into itself, and all phenomenal being is returned to a state of pure potentiality".

Buddhism: "Nirvana". Literal Sanskrit translation is "The going out (extinguishment) of the light".

Islam: "When the sun is folded up, and the stars turn dim and scatter". (Surah81, and elsewhere.

Hopi: "When the sun turns black". From the prophecy of the Blue Star Kachinas dancing in the plazas.

All of these prophecies seem to find something significant about the time when people are made aware of the fact that for every billion stars that die outright, one evolves into a black hole. By the way, the term "Black Hole" was coined in 1966.
Mr.
2006-03-08 16:19:08 UTC
Dear Bored, We Know The end is Coming because Its the very words of Jesus, when jesus Came he Spoke many times about the coming of a great Judgement day, a day in which life ends on earth and we stand before God in Judgement. How will you do on Judgement Day? will you be innocent or Guilty? Let me ask you some important questions.......

(Have you Kept the Ten Commandments?)

Have you ever lied (even once--fibs, white lies, etc.)? Ever stolen (anything--the value is irrelevant)? Jesus said, "Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her, has committed adultery already with her in his heart." Have you ever looked with lust? If you have said "Yes" to these three questions, by your own admission, you are a lying, thieving, adulterer at heart; and we’ve only looked at three of the Ten Commandments.

What a shock! And Nothing you’ve ever done is hid from His holy eyes. Will you be innocent or guilty on the Day of Judgment? Listen to your conscience. You know that you will be guilty, and therefore end up in Hell. That’s not God’s will. He provided a way for you and I to be forgiven.

He sent His Son to take our punishment: "God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." He was bruised for our iniquities. Jesus then rose from the dead and defeated death.

Your own so-called “goodness” can’t get you into heaven any more than mine could. Jesus is the only way to Heaven. He is the "Door," the only "mediator." There is salvation in no other name, so pray something like this: "Dear God, I repent of all of my sins (confess them). This day I put my trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Please forgive me and grant me your gift of everlasting life. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen."
Airborne_Lt.
2006-03-08 15:17:06 UTC
Well, for one thing, in keeping in mind the "great commission" Jesus set forth in Mark 16:15. Jesus said that "this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (Matthew 24:14). For the first time in history, with the advent of satellite television, worldwide internet, and worldwide travel, we are able to fulfill the "great comission" and thus this prophecy as well.
Peace Maker
2006-03-08 15:24:22 UTC
The Bible tells us during the last days, there will be tribulations, floods, earthquakes! People will turn away from God and follow other people that says that they come in God's name! You should go to the Gospels of Matthew and find out more!
rogue
2006-03-08 15:31:39 UTC
The increases in war, natural disasters, famine, missing people, and diseases. True, we have always had those in our history, but the Bible says to pay close attention to when these times increase. I have included some bible verses that mention the End Times.
surprise_im_back
2006-03-08 16:44:37 UTC
Hey, listen up, you pathetic little peons. I've got more interesting things to do than sit in judgment of 6 billion plus pinheads.

Ok, get it? There is no judgment day, no final accounting, nada, nil, nothin. I will say this, get off your fat behinds and quit thinking you can speak for me.
No Name
2006-03-08 15:25:04 UTC
Sometimes in dreams. I had two dreams of the end of the world.b And there id a lot of disaster and sin going on.
ticeforlife
2006-03-08 15:22:50 UTC
turmoil in the middle east; increasing violence in the world; people denying that we were created by an intelligent being; abortion; acceptence of homosexuality; denial that right and wrong exist; increase in occurance and intensity of natural disasters...
Donald Shaw
2006-03-08 15:18:31 UTC
Actually it isn't coming soon enough to suit me.
♫☺cos_studygroup1_student☺♫
2006-03-08 15:13:42 UTC
see the simpsons about the rapture