Question:
Where in the Bible does it say to use a rosary?
?
2012-08-15 04:59:42 UTC
The Bible never told us to use a rosary to pray, or to go to Mary to pray to as a mediator between God and man, that's what Christ is for. Doing so your off scripture grounds and are in danger. Putting Mary above Christ is a no no.

John 14:13

John 2:5

Mary says to listen to Jesus.

Many are lost.

Revelation 22:19

You cannot change Gods Word or your proving God to be a liar!

One day God will show man he is a liar!

Catholics have changed the way the Word of God should be used in our lives.

Many will not change because they were brought up this way instead of finding out what Gods Word says about these things to their own destruction!

Galatians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Seventeen answers:
Ernie
2012-08-15 05:08:20 UTC
It doesn't, and you have quoted the curse that Paul said would come upon those who taught such blasphemy. I have heard Catholics say Mary was sinless, while the word of God clearly says for ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God ( Romans 3:23 ). Thank God Romans 10:8-10 tells us how anyone can be born again.
Sldgman
2012-08-15 13:06:54 UTC
Since this is the second time you have asked this question in 2 days, I will repost the best answer from yesterday:

Where in the Bible does it say that "everything" is in the Bible

Let me explain the Rosary.........

The rosary is a thinking prayer.

We look at the mysteries of the rosary and the scenes of our Lord's life.

The Hail Mary's are like background music, while we contemplate the mysteries. Rhythmic repetition soothes the mind. The rhythmic repetition of the fifty Hail Marys can soothe the mind and tranquilize it, so that we can think on the mysteries.

The truth is, repetition is the language of love. Repetition does not create monotony. It creates stability. Monotony is eliminated by attention, sincerity and purpose.

The most essential functions of life are repetitive, eating, sleeping, working and loving.

The rosary is the language of love.

Mary knows that there is nothing so able to straighten out our thinking and counteract the errors of modern society as daily meditation on the mysteries of the rosary

The Joyful Mysteries teach us that life and religion are meant to be joyful. God made us for happiness.

The Sorrowful Mysteries teach that sin is what makes this life a vale of tears. Doing our will instead of God's will is the path to sorrow.

The Glorious Mysteries teach that life has a purpose, a goal beyond this life. Life is linear. Our destiny is heaven, a glorious life beyond this life.

The Luminous mysteries sheds light on an important aspect of Christ's mission: He is son of the Father, the miracle worker, announcer of the Kingdom, the transfigured Son of god, and living bread or Eucharistic presence. He is God's light for this world
2012-08-15 13:34:01 UTC
Where does the Bible say that Christians are supposed to gather in church buildings? The Bible never told us to use a church building to pray, or to go to a church building to use as a meeting place or preaching place to learn about God. That's what Christ is for. Doing so, you're off Scriptural grounds and are in danger. Putting your church building above Christ is a no-no.

You cannot change God's Word or you're proving God to be a liar!

One day God will show man that man is a liar!

Church-building-goers have changed the way the Word of God should be used in our lives.

Many will not change because they were brought up this way instead of finding out what God's Word says about these things to their own destruction!

My point: ALL Christians - without ANY exception - believe in things and practice religious practices that **are not to be found in the Bible** - particularly not found in the New Testament. When you condemn a Christian sect for engaging in a particular practice not found in the Bible, you are at the very same time ignoring all of the many practices that you engage in as part of your religion that also cannot be found in the Bible. It is - in other words - hypocritical for you to condemn someone for doing something that is not in the Bible when YOU ALSO do things that are not in the Bible.

Some examples:

- praying with palms together or with fingers interlaced

- celebrating the birth of Jesus on December 25th

- celebrating Easter on a day other than the fourth day after Jewish Passover Supper

- singing religious songs at the beginning and ending of Christian religious services

- using musical instruments during Christian religious services

etc. ad nauseum. There are probably dozens of practices that ***all*** Christians practice that are **never** mentioned in the Bible as being the practice of Christians.

And you blame one group for engaging in ***only one*** such practice!

(You might also want to learn the meaning of the word "gospel"!!!)

- Jim, Fundamentalist Christian, http://www.bible-reviews.com/
Shakim H
2012-08-15 12:07:23 UTC
Nowhere. You are correct. You see, the pagans had this eerie fascination with women and childbirth. To them, the fact that a woman could get pregnant and produce a baby made her extremely mesmerizing in their eyes. So when it came time for so-called "Christians" to convert the masses they had to appeal to what was already etched in the minds of the common believers. The pagans LOVED women so the Catholic Church conjured up an unscriptural tradition of praying THROUGH Mary (and later saints) to the Almighty which elevated her position 'as a woman' in the eyes of the pagans. It is nothing more but a clever, unscriptural tactic that was used to draw in crowds instead of teaching God's word.

1 Timothy 4:1 "However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to MISLEADING inspired utterances and teachings of demons, 2 by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies"...
2012-08-15 16:38:41 UTC
The Bible is only one of numerous sources of revelation. Christians in fact engage in many practices not explicitly mentioned in the Bible. In fact, Christianity existed for years before the Bible was even compiled. Before the printing press and widespread literacy it was unavailable to general public for centuries. However, most of the rosary mysteries and prayers can be found in the Bible.
cashelmara
2012-08-15 22:43:29 UTC
Are you seriously asking this question again when you already gave me "best answer"?

https://answersrip.com/question/index?qid=20120814142712AAeWGB5

The "Bible alone" is a bad idea.....in your words....."a big no-no".

We Catholics are not to rely solely on Sacred Scripture to understand Christ's message. While Scripture is "given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16-17), it is not sufficient for reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness. It is the Church that is the "pillar and ground of Truth" (1 Timothy 3:15)! Jesus did not come to write a book; He came to redeem us, and He founded a Sacramental Church through His apostles to show us the way. It is to them, to the Church Fathers, to the Sacred Deposit of Faith, to the living Church that is guided by the Holy Spirit, and to Scripture that we must prayerfully look.

Oh...............and thank you Sldgman !!!!!!!!!!!!
Michaelangelo
2012-08-15 12:07:10 UTC
Actually in rosary prayers we remember some important events in the Bible and with Mary's help we may become closer to Jesus. You should bear in mind that Mary could change Jesus' mind when He at first didn't want to make His first miracle at a wedding in Cana.

Read carefully. Jesus loves His mom and doesn't want to let her down.And Mary is full of grace and she has a heart of gold.

_______________

+++

John 2

From Water to Wine

1-3 Three days later there was a wedding in the village of Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there. Jesus and his disciples were guests also. When they started running low on wine at the wedding banquet, Jesus' mother told him, "They're just about out of wine."

4Jesus said, "Is that any of our business, Mother—yours or mine? This isn't my time. Don't push me."

5She went ahead anyway, telling the servants, "Whatever he tells you, do it."

6-7Six stoneware water pots were there, used by the Jews for ritual washings. Each held twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus ordered the servants, "Fill the pots with water." And they filled them to the brim.

8"Now fill your pitchers and take them to the host," Jesus said, and they did.

9-10When the host tasted the water that had become wine (he didn't know what had just happened but the servants, of course, knew), he called out to the bridegroom, "Everybody I know begins with their finest wines and after the guests have had their fill brings in the cheap stuff. But you've saved the best till now!"

11This act in Cana of Galilee was the first sign Jesus gave, the first glimpse of his glory. And his disciples believed in him.
Zena IC XC NIKA
2012-08-15 12:44:23 UTC
Nowhere in the Bible does it ever Say ANYTHING

ABOUT

( PRaying to Mary)

Prayer Beads were used by Greek Monks to pray to God .. as they Worked in the Fields

praying while working. They Said many prayesr and started To tie knots on BOn their rope belts .

THEY are called the PRAYER BEADS.

THE RCS TOOK THAT PREMISES AND CHANGED IT TO PRAYERS TO MARY

AND CALLED THE PRAYER ROPE ( WHICH INCLUDED PRAYER TO GOD

TO A ROSARY ROSES FOR MARY..AND ADORNED IT WITH ALL SORTS OF

BEADS AND PRAYERS AND CRUCIFIXES ON ) ROSARY)

JESUS CALLED MARY ..WOMAN

WOMAN BEHOLD YOUR SON IN BIBLE ( OR COURSE NEW RC BIBLE CHANGED THIS

IN RC BIBLES

SAINTS ARE ALL WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST ) {PHILLRPIANS)I

>greetings.

World English Bible

Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me greet you

Bible

http://www.biblija.net/biblija.cgi?Bible=Bible&set=3&l=en&pos=1&qall=1&idq=33&idp0=33&idp1=15&idp2=7&idp3=8&idp4=23&idp5=21&idp6=22&idp7=10&idp8=13&idp9=11&idp10=31&idp11=39&m=Rev+1.14,15

GREEK ORTHODOX KATHOLIKOS ( GR UNIVERSAL FOR ALL) APOSTOLIC

CHRISTIAN (

COPIES OF OUR SCRIPTURES CAN BE SEEN IN ISRAEL MUSEUM, IN ALEXANDRIA EGYPT

MUSEUM ISRAEL ( MUSEUM .. YES IN GREEK)

NO LATIN IN OLDEN SCRIPTURES

IC XC NIKA

KYRIE ELEISON

DO NOT ADD OR DELETE FROM THE WORD OF GOD
?
2012-08-15 12:24:57 UTC
It does't say anything about using a rosary or praying to Mary.
five toed sloth
2012-08-15 12:01:10 UTC
Page 581 I think.
sky
2012-08-15 12:18:26 UTC
It doesn't say that priest should not marry either.But it does say that "whatever you bind on earth shall be considered bound in Heaven".
2012-08-15 12:03:21 UTC
I agree there is no such verse pertaining to the rosary in the bible.
?
2012-08-15 12:04:20 UTC
You fundie cult members are really terrified of Catholics aren't you?
TheSicilianSage
2012-08-15 12:06:09 UTC
We honor the mother of our Savior (who we believe abides with Him) with our rosary.

In honoring her, we honor Him and seek mercy through her intervention.

... did she not intervene in Cana ?
Gregory
2012-08-15 12:02:32 UTC
it doesn't say that in the bible