Question:
If u run over a person(by accident), and this person dies, would that turn u into a murderer?¡?¡?..?
kachimory_mol
2006-04-08 13:24:03 UTC
Would u go to hell?¡?¡?...And what if u kill an animal?¡?¡?
Ten answers:
Alice Chaos
2006-04-08 13:28:57 UTC
If it was not your fault, no. If it was your fault, you would be guilty of involuntary manslaughter. But you would not be a murderer. As for animals, murder does not apply. I try my best to avoid hitting an animal on the road. I hit a squirrel a couple weeks ago, it ran right in front of my car before I could even think about doing anything. I felt bad.
Snark
2006-04-08 20:42:35 UTC
If it's an accident, then it is not murder. It could be a sin, if it's your fault because you were not driving safely. Depending on the circumstances, you could go to jail (for manslaughter)or be sued by the victim's family. If you were drunk, then the law sees it as vehicular homicide. If they just run out in front of you and you had no choice, then it's not a sin. Even if you did commit murder, you could still be saved, forgiven, and go to Heaven. If you kill an animal, it would not be murder. Killing an animal by accident would not be a sin, but you should try to find the owner if it's a pet and apologize. If you kill an animal for food and you do it legally, it's not a sin. If you kill an animal (or a person) in self defense, it's not a sin, nor is it a crime. If you kill an animal just because you're angry or being mean, then it's a sin and a crime.
lacey
2006-04-08 21:01:17 UTC
Murder is intent. If you kill someone by accident, that is you were driving along and someone stepped into the path of your car, then it's not murder. However, you still have caused the death of a person so the courts charge with manslaughter. As for animals, the same rule applies. If it was an accident then there's no real harm, but if it's deliberate, well…
blackfoot124
2006-04-08 20:42:06 UTC
it would be involuntary manslaughter .depending on ur religion pray a prayer of forgiveness and for the family of the person whose life was taken . it is murder when u have it in ur heart to do harm and then to have no remorse for it also .as to the animals i dont know if animals have souls or feelings but if u r killing them for ur source of food that is what is natural.if u r killing them and torturing them that is murder to me. in the eyes of most states it is animal abuse and that is a crime but of lesser punishment than a human murder and/or abuse.hope this helps u .
Josephine
2006-04-09 04:13:10 UTC
This actually happened to my grandfather! He was run over and killed by a 16-year old girl who sped through a traffic light.

I was devastated of course to lose my grandfather like this, but I never for a moment thought of that girl as a murderer, or even felt any ill-will towards her. I actually felt quite sorry for her. Imagine how she must have felt? Here she just learned to drive, and she kills someone! She did not mean to. I just felt sorry for her. This does not mean that she should have sped through a traffic light of course, but her sin was only speeding through a traffic light, and not murder.

I think God must judge us by our intentions. If the intent was not to kill, then God cannot hold us responsible for killing.
god
2006-04-08 20:25:19 UTC
in the eyes of the law it would be manslaughter. You would go to jail, but you would not be a murderer. Pray for your soul, and if it truly wasn't your fault God will forgive you. Animals don't have souls, and are simply roadkill.
bacervenka
2006-04-08 20:25:24 UTC
No because it is by accident and ur easily forgiven. Animals can be sources of food so thats not a sin.
Rami
2006-04-08 20:35:13 UTC
similar example in Islam

one hunts birds by a gun but he makes a mistake shoot a guy killed him

it's not a murderer but a mistake killing

as i remember he should pay something to his family (known amount)
2006-04-08 20:46:47 UTC
stop "exercising" your hands so much...
rana
2006-04-08 20:28:08 UTC