Question:
Did you know?
I have the Joy of the Lord!
2006-03-20 13:50:02 UTC
The Word Religion is only used 5 times in the Bible!
Act 26:5 Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.
Gal 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
Jam 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion [is] vain.
Jam 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Fifteen answers:
impossble_dream
2006-03-20 14:03:42 UTC
I dont think a lot of people know that the word "religon" means "Demonstration of Faith"

When James says about "pure relgion" he is saying "pure demonstration of faith" and does not mean a specific denomination who does this. If you do these things regardless of the denomination, you are demonstrating true "religion"

Relgious means simply "demonstrative of faith" which is not often a bad thing. So those who say "I hate religion", do you mean you hate organised, ordered denominations or do you hate for people to demonstrate their faith?
flindo61
2006-03-21 20:35:50 UTC
NO,Thank You for the information.So simple yet mankind cannot grasp what God tells us.As James 1:26 If any man among you seen to be religious,and bridleth not his tongue,but deceiveth his own heart,this man's religion [is] vain.

GOD IS LOVE ETERNAL, HE WATCHES FOR HIS CHILDREN. GOD BLESS
dsgc05™
2006-03-20 21:55:37 UTC
I don't understand the point of stating the fact that this word is used only five times. And what exactly does this mean? I'm being serious.
lottyjoy
2006-03-20 22:00:12 UTC
Religion is not mentioned, in the same way I don't use the word "biography" very often in writing the story of my life.
how dare I
2006-03-20 22:01:16 UTC
I'm going to say 'Yes' I did know that. But, bear in mind, I like to lie.
lcraesharbor
2006-03-21 00:09:30 UTC
And yet it's used to justify so much intolerance and hatred.
gabriel_zachary
2006-03-21 06:40:32 UTC
Hmmmm....no I did not know this. Interesting.

Thanks for sharing!

Peace
2006-03-20 21:55:32 UTC
I read the satanic bible :)
2006-03-20 21:58:14 UTC
No, I didn't know that. And I didn't care.
Savaya
2006-03-20 23:43:28 UTC
I didn't realize that. thank you
2006-03-20 21:50:40 UTC
no I did not know that
bluefire
2006-03-20 21:51:21 UTC
I did not know that. Thanks for the information!
Answers
2006-03-21 01:28:05 UTC
So..
Pebbles