Question:
fire...! How is 'pagan' religions... not the original belief system?
jewe1
2006-02-14 20:10:09 UTC
fire...! How is 'pagan' religions... not the original belief system?
Nine answers:
ahc24
2006-02-14 20:33:19 UTC
God told us when the 'pagan' religions started. The original belief system... was between God... Adam... and Eve.

Basically... the serpent and his minions started the all the other stuff. After Adam and Eve fell... ppl would begin to go their own ways.

God is God... there is only one truth... and truth comes from the Spirit of Jesus.

=========================

Whats the fire about? I have an idea... but I am wondering if I am right.
2006-02-14 20:30:36 UTC
Just because the Bible was written after Jesus (as we know it) dont meant that paganism was the original belief system.

Honestly I dont understand why people that obviously have never thought much about religion even answer these kinds of questions, but I see it quite a bit here at "answers"- but thats beside the point, sorry.

To clear something else up, the old testament books were all written before Jesus- since the first 5 books were written by moses.

To answer the question though- the reason paganism isnt the original belief system is this;

God created man- God had a personal relationship with Man and communicated with man from the beginning, either personally or through angels. After the original sin, mankind lost much of his contact with God, and just like today- people that cant communicate or hear God, look for things to believe in- things they can see, like the sun, moon and stars. Then some strange thing would happen coincidentally and then they start believing in rocks and cows and things like that. The further people get from God, the more they try to discover Him- then at some point, anything they can draw comfort from becomes a god to them.

Adam and Eve, Satan, Moses, Noah- all believed in God, they all had personal contact with God.

Something to think about is this, even though Satan wishes NO ONE believed in God- even Satan knows He exists.
ladyarrian
2006-02-14 21:35:59 UTC
The Babelonians, the Sumerians and the Egyptians were all considered Pagan by the bibles standards, all pre-date the Jewish religion......But, if you're talking modern Neo-Paganism and Wicca, no they do not pre-date Christianity, but they are based on the religions that came before the Judaic and Christian religions.
EyeLovesJesus
2006-02-15 09:32:41 UTC
Hello jewe1.. :)

For those that believe that God created the Heavens and the Earth..than No..pagan religions cannot be the orignal belief system..because Adam and Eve believed in God..

In Jesus Most Precious Name..

With Love..In Christ..
2006-02-14 20:12:24 UTC
It is the original belief system as the bible was written all after the Christ and stuff. But the stories, myths, legends, whatever were recorded long long before the thought of the Bible was even a single word in mind of one person.
ChameleonMan
2006-02-14 20:20:08 UTC
Paganism was before christianity,but the bible has a different description of pagans.The bible states that non-believers are pagans.That is not the modern meaning of a pagan.

I sense there is a point you are trying to make with the fire and all.What is that suppose to mean?
sons of thunder
2006-02-14 20:24:10 UTC
Wrong, and wrong again, the new test; came after, the pagan religion, but the old test, was happening way back during Noah's time, even Enoch, who was before Noah. Some Roman Catholics know this, which I am not, but IT was written in scroll format during Moses time, still way before Jesus, about 3000 years b.c. maybe even longer than that!
2006-02-15 03:34:30 UTC
"Pagan" beliefs very similar to modern wicca and African tribal religions have existed since the Stone Age, several thousand years before Jesus was born.
2006-02-14 20:47:44 UTC
paganisme is the ancient religion of the European continent it link with witchcraft