Question:
Why do so many people choose eternal damnation?
2006-02-23 22:19:00 UTC
Why do so many people choose eternal damnation?
Nineteen answers:
2006-02-24 03:51:41 UTC
they (unfortunately) don't really believe it is true...
Nestor Desmond
2006-02-24 00:50:23 UTC
Why have YOU chosen eternal damnation? You do not share my religion, and my religion is the right one, 100 percent truth. Are you a Jew? I am, and I say you are going straight to hell (which we dont believe in, in the first place) because you do not accept MY truths and beliefs as being supreme over all others. I cannot understand WHY you would not wish to save yourself from your false religion. So I ask you again. WHy do you choose hell by following your false religion, when you could open your eyes and see Gods true religion?
2006-02-23 22:25:00 UTC
That depends on who you ask. I am an atheist so the concept of eternal damnation is as plausible to me as the Easter Bunny. But to others that means I am choosing some hideous eternal fate.
Sorrow_and_Bliss
2006-02-23 22:26:08 UTC
People do not choose eternal damnation. They choose whether they are able to believe in certain claims or not, and perhaps they can't see any truth in the religious claims.
brand_new_monkey
2006-02-23 22:24:30 UTC
Why do so many people choose to belive in eternal damnation?
natalyajackson
2006-02-23 22:22:13 UTC
i don't believe eternal damnation exists, so i wouldn't know why people choose to believe it does.
pauliegone
2006-02-23 22:20:26 UTC
Because it's better than spending an eternity with someone as annoying as YOU. You self righteous piece of CR@P!
Dr.Know
2006-02-23 22:26:39 UTC
When I turned 6, I prayed to God for a new bike. I got a Frisbee.

When I turned 7, I prayed to God for a new bike. I got a pogo stick.

When I turned 8, I prayed to God for a new bike. I got a Remote Control Car.

When I turned 9, I stole a bike. Then I prayed for forgiveness.
optimistic_pessimist1985
2006-02-23 23:26:40 UTC
Why do you believe in eternal salvation?
He_chose_ME
2006-02-23 23:44:43 UTC
Maybe they don't know better, I don't know of anyone who really chose it willingly so we have to go out and tell them about God and let God work in their lives. He will bring those whom He has chosen to salvation. God BLess
browneyedmaiden
2006-02-23 22:20:31 UTC
As my father told me when I was growing up...Live by your own convictions, but don't critisize others for theirs. My dad was a very wise man! :)

Well said, Pauliegone! ;)
kestralwing
2006-02-24 01:17:33 UTC
Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.

(Mark Twain said it first)
NOVA
2006-02-24 11:02:02 UTC
Confused and Scared!! God Bless!!
Laney
2006-02-23 22:19:36 UTC
Because it will be one heck of a party!
naturalblonde1231
2006-02-24 14:23:54 UTC
People think that their works can save them or that they themselves can save them.
furnace_fixer
2006-02-23 22:28:57 UTC
you are just a left wing nut worry about yourself and leave us alone
cy ko tic
2006-02-23 22:21:50 UTC
Because it's so easy and fun (seeming).
?
2006-02-23 22:20:57 UTC
Because they really know not what they do.

ADDITIONS:

See what I mean?
2006-02-24 03:50:47 UTC
EASY way