Question:
How can I tell my family I reverted to Islam?
Rinoa
2006-03-31 00:15:45 UTC
When I was learning about Islam and my family saw me reading books, they were quite hostile towards the idea. Now that I have reverted, I do not know how to go about telling them. I am frightened what they might say or do... Any ideas?
25 answers:
old_frog
2006-03-31 00:37:48 UTC
Salam sister ,

ok ..i read SOME answers here ..and seem they dont like why u reverted to Islam ...

so i dont blame them ..bcs im sure they dont anything about islam than what their media tell them ... and thats most problem thye have ...

they dont go to read to know about what is islam is ...as u did ... thye wnat just have thats deep hate for islam ..even they dont know anything about what is real islam ...

yes SOME littel muslims gave bad ideas about Islam ...but they dont know thye are doing thats in their own minds not as what islam call for Peace .

any way welcome sister in islam ... and hope u know more and more about it ..and learn more .. as i hope from others they do ...just to know what thye said its not nice way of them for you ...

So yes tell ur family about u being muslim ... and try tell them what is the real Islam ... but its ok if u cant ..u can keep it and learn more till u can able tell them ...

GOD/ALLAH bless u .
infomaniac
2006-03-31 00:35:43 UTC
Let me say that there is nothing to fear now after you have taken such a big step. Most people in the world just follow the religion they are born into (I mean in all religions). Actually taking charge of your life and making decisions as you have after learning about the religion you have chosen is the hardest thing in life to do. You have shown emmense courage so far so be brave and believe that what ever good or bad they do or say only adds to your blessings with the Lord. It was never easy for the early reverters and it shall not be easy today. Get help from people who have helped you understand Islam. Seek their guidence.
yavan
2006-03-31 11:15:46 UTC
if u have any threat in telling ur parents that u have reverted to islam, then u should keep this a secret and go on with the usual religious practises of the religion from which u have reverted taking care that those practises must not be "shirk" (considering anyone else equal to God in any respect)

u can tell ur parents later whenever the time is favourable but continue believing that God is one and mohammad is the messenger of God ..and also do good deeds.
Lalulo_Jazmin
2006-03-31 00:32:16 UTC
Salamu Aleicum Rinoa...

I have converted to Islam myself, and although not all of my family knows (so in a way I am in the same position as you are), I do have some advise given to me by other Muslims:

1- First of all, keep in mind at all times that you are bringing your family excellent news by telling them you are a Muslim. Do not fear, in reality this is a good thing.

2- Think of all the wonderful reasons that made you turn into a Muslim. Tell your family about this when you tell them.

Also, take the person of your family that is closest to you and tell him/her first. See his reaction. This will be an indication of how the other ones may react.

If you feel you are at threat when telling, do not do it. Other Muslims, when our religion was first born, also hid it for a while to preserve their lives.

Lastly, may Allah guide you whilst you are braking the good news.
lavance_r
2006-03-31 03:26:07 UTC
Hey Family I reverted to Islam. <--Just like that! What are they going to do? Kick you out of the Family?
ghost_of_morphy
2006-03-31 00:24:33 UTC
Just go ahead and tell them. We Christians aren't a bunch of evil, hate filled, crazy people like the Pakistani Muslims are. Nobody will try to get you executed.

Of course why you would want to join a group of evil, hate filled, crazy people is another question entirely....
opheliaisback
2006-03-31 01:51:03 UTC
I am happy for u my dearest!

Well, don't worry, be sure ALLAH is there for u, and standing by ur side. Tell them but at same time, try to be always the faithful daughter, and be there for them, show them the real example of being a Moslem.

Wish u all good, have faith.
Answers
2006-03-31 18:47:22 UTC
-don't worry bout the racist answers that you may get. Just ignore them and ask Allah to forgive them

-i am really happy for you, hearing that someone converted makes me happy. I am just know praying for you. May Allah bless you amen.

-the best thing to do is to ask Allah to help and protect you as every thing is in his hands.

-let your familly notice the change in you. Be a better person, loving for others, obedient to your parents, kind..(just as a true muslim should be).

-try to introduce islam to them without making them feel that your a muslim >>like isn't it intresting that so many people convert??

May Allah help and lead to the true path.

you can't imagine how happy I am for you.
helix
2006-03-31 19:50:49 UTC
Allah bless you.. just trust Allah and ask him for support and gaudiness and he will show you how to deal with your family.. you can consult the imam of your mosque about this... it depends on where are you.. in some places you will have to leave your whole country and some others people will be OK with it.. just put Allah love before anything else in your heart

you can try to ask in this site

http://www.islamonline.net/
Erika
2016-09-24 18:52:40 UTC
i do no longer think of absolutely everyone might desire to be mistreated by way of their relatives in the event that they alter their faith. it is faulty. We do might desire to love various people. even regardless of the indisputable fact that, i certainly might inspire you to coach to Jesus. He can provide us the assure of salvation in heaven if we are able to repent of our sins and persist with Him. He substitute into the only one that paid the cost for sin on the bypass, and rose from the ineffective to defeat sin, demise, hell, and the grave. No different faith has those credentials. i wish i did no longer offend absolutely everyone in asserting this. My purely purpose is love. evaluate Jesus and study a number of the flaws He mentioned contained in the Bible. they are superb! There are additionally many previous testomony prophecies that estimated Jesus beginning, miracles, demise, and resurrection. those finally end up coming actual centuries later contained in the recent testomony (Psalms 22:sixteen, Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6, Psalms sixteen:10, Isaiah fifty 3:5, etc.). Jesus holds severe credentials, and he's who He says he's.
kbraner
2006-03-31 00:19:16 UTC
they might notice that you avoid pork from the time you reverted. then they'll ask you the reason why. thats the best time to say whats going on with your life.
arin
2006-03-31 01:05:33 UTC
Be brave and show them the benefits of choosing islam as your religon, the good points of it, slowly they will accept what you believe in. no fathers/mothers will disown their sons and daughters just because they changed their religon.love your family as what they are and remember, all religon promotes peace and love.....

dont believe in what mya said :yes confess them that u made the greatest mistake of ur life.

"mya simply doest have tolerancy in other religon" or just living in denial.....
swalkangel
2006-03-31 00:19:18 UTC
you are already a Muslim. there is no question of going back now. so as you had no fear to choose your religion, now have no fear to let everyone know that you are a Muslim and you want to be respected for what you have chosen as you believe in your decision.

Afterall, what you have done is just choosing a pathway to GOD..nothing wrong in it dear..

good luck and keep the faith,
Jana
2006-03-31 00:18:10 UTC
Im happy for you.I was getting sick of this, before Islam was the biggest religion.Im Muslim too.Well, just, firstly bring it out to someone who won't shout at you or just trick them and say before telling "Promise you won't shout?".That's what I do at times.
Methlehem
2006-03-31 00:44:32 UTC
Maybe you could send them a singing telegram, or one of those cakes where the girl pops out of a cake and says something appropriate?
princess
2006-03-31 00:19:16 UTC
ur crazy for converting to islam. dont tell your family they will think ur a crazy terrorist.
tricia1971
2006-03-31 00:30:27 UTC
When your all over the news world wide, cause your were a suicide bomber... They'll know!
2006-03-31 00:18:59 UTC
yes confess them that u made the greatest mistake of ur life.
Dr Dee
2006-03-31 00:22:09 UTC
Congratulations. You don't have to be scared. They are the loosers and if they do not find out in their lifetime, they will when they die.
reddheadzrul1
2006-03-31 02:46:25 UTC
mom pass the bacon i'm islamic!
2006-03-31 01:32:40 UTC
Congratulations and welcome to Islam :)

Maybe one day others will actually try to read and learn of its true meaning.
2006-03-31 00:17:39 UTC
Just tell them. if they don't like it, tell em to get ******.

That makes them Hypocrites.
GS
2006-03-31 00:17:39 UTC
don't be worried they are your family if you did something they didn't like they might be mad but they still let you do it. good luck.
2006-03-31 00:18:13 UTC
tell them the truth, they will understand. if they deny it tell them it ur life noth theres so good luck!!!:)
2006-03-31 01:39:19 UTC
ur in deep s**t :)