Question:
Why Do We Attend Church But As Soon As We Get Out An Hour Later Were Cursing and Sinning?
lilmama_prettymiss
2006-03-13 10:54:15 UTC
Why Do We Attend Church But As Soon As We Get Out An Hour Later Were Cursing and Sinning?
27 answers:
hollygosassy
2006-03-13 11:08:40 UTC
A lot do, more these days than not, but not all of us are like that. I have asked this question myself, and sometimes I wonder if Christianity is just a club for some people, something they have always belonged to and their families.

We have to try and be like Christ, not just go to church and wear crosses. It's also sad to see all the SUV's and BMW's in the parking lot Sunday morning. Would it not make sense to buy a cheap, good condition economy car and give the money one saves to the poor? It's little things like this that can be unsettling. We should all try harder to do his work, we've become too spoiled. Sometimes I wonder if He is sad and disappointed in our decadent choices.
2006-03-13 11:01:07 UTC
As far as the "cursing and sinning department" goes, I'm bad enough as it is.

How much worse would I be, I wonder, if I didn't take my faith seriously and do everything it entails -- including going to church?

We go to church -- Catholic Mass, Protestant services, whatever -- to worship God.

True, there are people who "curse and sin" an hour after getting out of church (I think we've probably all done that, at least to some extent).

But there are a lot of other people who don't go to church at all, and still do those things.
lcraesharbor
2006-03-14 10:49:14 UTC
Probably For The Same Reason We Capitalize The First Letter In Every Word. We Were Taught Better...And Then We Forgot.
dhc_hiker
2006-03-13 11:11:45 UTC
Attending church has nothing to do with morality. As many fundamentalist christians can tell you, being good does not bring you to heaven but "accepting" Christ (whatever that means). You can be as mean and rotten as you want as long as you conform to the doctrine of the church that you belong to and rarely does that doctrine stress being kind and good to your fellow man as being important.

Being religious is NOT synonymous with being good. A few christians show some charitable inclinations but only because they think that this will make it easier for them to get into heaven, not for goodness itself.
NatrekaNatreka
2006-03-13 11:00:49 UTC
That is called human nature. Nobody is perfect, we are all sinners saved by grace. We go to church to try to get inspired to better ourselves, but sometimes as soon as we leave the devil tempts up to do exactly the opposite of what we learned.
ask the eightball
2006-03-13 11:12:30 UTC
This is a general weakness of men, and one of our challenges, to be good always, and not only at church. In James 1: 23-24 "For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholing his natural face in a glass; For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgeteth what manner of man he was." Later it says... "this man's religion is vain" Remember who you are at all times, and let it show in your actions.
Jaim Jaim
2006-03-13 11:00:09 UTC
Not everyone does that. People that do that are hypocrits. Some people think just because they go to church it makes everything ok and they are excused for all the bad things they do.
medinams
2006-03-13 11:00:33 UTC
I hear ya, but i think its just cause we r human. The one who posted "We?" Ya u too. Everyone sins when they dont even relize they sin. In our thoughts, actions, all that. I do not believe u have to go to Church to prove to the Lord u love him and believe in him. I pray alot during the day & I know where I am going when i die becuz i believe. This is not to offend anyone its just my opinon. Thanks, Melisa
angela
2006-03-13 11:00:09 UTC
Not everybody does that. True Christians don't...only hypocrites. But of course, there is always times when it slips because we are humans and by nature we are driven to sin, but if the power of God is truly in us then we will be able to resist.
John
2006-03-13 11:20:40 UTC
Most families have arguments before they can get to church. I think the devil is trying to keep them from going. However, if you don't believe that the devil and unclean spirits exist, you're open game.
monkie1512
2006-03-13 11:01:52 UTC
you attend church so feel good about yourself thinking oh i'll go to church and everything will be ok but as soon as you get out you go sin so next sunday you can repent for all your sinns again
Sinthyia
2006-03-13 13:22:46 UTC
Hypocrisy.
flowerlover12003
2006-03-13 11:06:21 UTC
Going to church for status. Lots of people don't practice what they preach.
2006-03-13 10:59:39 UTC
Unfortunately we are all human and all fall short, and Christians are looked at with even more scrutiny because of their beliefs. Ground yourself, find accountability and support!
2006-03-13 11:01:29 UTC
Because we are all human. All of the hero's of the bible, David,Paul,Samson,even Soloman were murderers of war. I hate those Super christians who tell you to be Super holy. To me that's pride. To be humble is to recognize that you are human and God is GOD.
Thermo
2006-03-13 11:01:00 UTC
Because the church took all of our money!!!
GOD-lova
2006-03-13 11:00:54 UTC
People might do that b/c they really luv GOd , but the devil tries to make them stop loving God(Which is impossible) So therefore he trie to control us.
drshorty
2006-03-13 17:37:36 UTC
Yeah, think how much worse off we'd be if we didn't go to church!
pugwug2004
2006-03-13 11:01:35 UTC
thats right i wish every one could be nice and good in this world some people on here seem pretty nice see ya
tori Lynn
2006-03-13 11:30:38 UTC
pardon me if I am offending anyone, but I personally believe that a true person of god should not have to go somewhere and be told how and when to pray.
?
2006-03-14 07:39:49 UTC
Because we are not perfect, just forgiven. We are human. We give in to our fleshly nature.
2006-03-13 11:06:37 UTC
I think you are hanging out with the wrong crowd.

I don't hear anyone in my congregation doing this.
one eyed dumbass
2006-03-13 11:14:02 UTC
i don't go to Church,i know right from wroung
Donald Shaw
2006-03-13 10:56:31 UTC
What do you mean we?

A true christian wouldn't do this, a popularest christian would. You do the math.
indigo
2006-03-13 12:29:20 UTC
That is why they call it Hiding behind the Bible !
2006-03-13 10:54:55 UTC
i know right? that's why i just stay home and pray every day.
Giggly Giraffe
2006-03-13 11:25:56 UTC
Stupidity … or you’re possessed by a demon!!!