Question:
Atheists if Jesus came today would you?
Pooter
2011-12-09 14:37:57 UTC
Will you turn your back like the bible says? Will you regret your invalid argument lead believers from the path? Are you going to look at Grace and decide you'd rather die and join with the forces that oppose Him? Would you admit you were mistaken at all?

Theoretically.
Eighteen answers:
2011-12-09 14:43:18 UTC
"Will you turn your back like the bible says?"

-Nope. I'd have a lot of questions.

"Will you regret your invalid argument lead believers from the path?"

-Obviously, I'd have made some mistakes, so I'd want to talk to talk to him to figure some stuff out.

"Are you going to look at Grace and decide you'd rather die and join with the forces that oppose Him?"

-Depends.

"Would you admit you were mistaken at all?"

-Sure.
2011-12-09 15:16:15 UTC
I am an atheist. If Jesus returned, as you say, and could prove who he was. Then I suspect most atheists would become his most ardent supporters.

However, I believe it would be extremely difficult for a Christian like yourself. You have many preconceived notions about Christianity, God and Jesus. Some of those notions would have to be wrong and would be the opposite of what you had always believed. (There are numerous Christian faiths with different beliefs. Somebody has to be wrong!) Supposing Jesus said that homosexuality is right with God and you were not to be prejudiced against them, how would many Christians handle that? Supposing Jesus said all atheist were right in not believing in Jesus and that no harm will come to them. Most Christians would go NUTS!

You see, Christian, the return of Jesus would only be wonderful to you IF Jesus is as you claim he is and is not any different from what your teachings believe. But suppose he is substantially different than what you believe? Suppose, just suppose, that Jesus is a Mormon? Will you be so quick to follow him then? I think that eventually, Jesus's biggest enemies would be his former devotees. Always be careful of what you wish for, Christian.

I, on the other hand, would accept him WHOEVER he is.
daugaard
2016-09-18 12:26:44 UTC
No. I could remind Jesus of what he stated within the Bible if the query ever got here up. John 10:34 Jesus responded them, Is it no longer written on your regulation, I stated, Ye are gods? My motive is if there are countless numbers upon countless numbers of distinctive businesses of humans claiming to be christian, every with their possess specific interpretation of the Bible, and all going to heaven and hell even as, then my possess interpretation isn't any much less legitimate. I'd say appear right here Jesus! Who are you sending to hell? You can not ship everybody to hell considering the fact that they're all fallacious are you able to? Someone needs to be proper or the bible is solely empty foolishness. Now inform me as soon as and for all who's going to heaven and who is not. All those clowns consider they have got absolutely the fact however no 2 agree on what your bible says. So I'm pronouncing we're going to be joint heirs and co-house owners of this planet very well? Any disorders with that? You stated I'm a god and I'm maintaining you for your phrase. Get it?
2011-12-09 14:43:48 UTC
i dont believe in god in any way shape of form but yes if the skies opened up and jesus came down trumpets four horsemen and all then yes i will be like "damn how wrong was i".

but the fact is it wont happen, with all these religions how the hell can you believe in such a young religion that has the same stories of so many other religious writings, written by of course men.
Immune to Indoctrination
2011-12-09 14:41:40 UTC
If Jesus somehow happened to exist it wouldn't make any of my arguments invalid. I'd still hold that believing in him was illogical before the new evidence was introduced.
Brianna
2011-12-09 14:44:53 UTC
Assuming that it actually was Jesus, and not a super-convincing con man, I would admit I was wrong. I wouldn't feel bad about not believing in him previously though- not like he gave me any reason to before showing up.
galet09
2011-12-09 14:54:07 UTC
I just laugh at all these really ridiculous answers by the atheists who actually admit they either would do violence against Christ or ignore him and carry on, or demand evidence.

Trust me, WHEN Christ returns, every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord!
Tropos
2011-12-09 14:44:26 UTC
Well that begs the question, which Jesus? Each additional miracle claim, or even word, attributed to him can change the claim that he existed drastically. Start with how you would identify Jesus from someone attempting to tricking you, and/or making use of natural phenomena you're unaware of to convince you of their claim, etc.
?
2011-12-09 14:40:12 UTC
Hypothetically speaking, how would the Christians know it was Jesus instead of just some normal thief in the night?
Michael K
2011-12-09 14:40:31 UTC
I would test to see if he was real and I wasn't hallucinating. I would then as him to give me objective evidence that God exists. If not, I would still remain an atheist.

Question to you: If Zeus came down and you met him face-to-face, would you convert to Greco-polytheism?
jpopelish
2011-12-09 14:39:44 UTC
I'll wait until that happens before I react.

I don't plan on other people's fantasies happening.

--

Regards,

John Popelish
PirateJohnsTees
2011-12-09 14:39:17 UTC
I'd point out to him all of the horrors that have been committed in his name, then give him a shoulder to cry on as it all sinks in.
2011-12-09 14:39:40 UTC
Even if such a monster exists, I will not give in to terrorism.

Yes, I'm calling your god a terrorist.
2011-12-09 14:40:14 UTC
Why is this question asked so much? Of course I would. But unfortunately, it's never happened.
Ace of Spades
2011-12-09 14:38:58 UTC
Sure.

Now if Zeus came today would you?
2011-12-09 14:42:19 UTC
I would probably punch him in the face.
Dan the Man
2011-12-09 14:39:14 UTC
I'd be pissed I didn't get to use those pizza coupons
Swillow
2011-12-09 14:40:47 UTC
I would tell him "Tell your dad he needs to start doing his job"