Question:
Jehovah's Witnesses, do I have the facts about your beliefs correct?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Jehovah's Witnesses, do I have the facts about your beliefs correct?
35 answers:
My2Cents
2009-06-26 23:08:36 UTC
1,000 years is a long time? When you get live in paradise free from stresses, anxieties, sicknesses, old age, etc. gazillions years later, do you still think that 1,000 years a long time? That thousand years is like a passing time of a second or less. Do you remember what you have done a second ago? Exactly, not recall, important, or long.

Edit:

Who will survive Armageddon? Well, 1 Peter 4:17-18 says, "For it is the appointed time for the judgment to start with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the end be of those who are not obedient to the good news of God? 18 “And if the righteous [man] is being saved with difficulty, where will the ungodly [man] and the sinner make a showing?”

Now go make your decision how will you be saved during Armageddon.
troll to troll
2009-06-28 09:43:34 UTC
Jesus returned invisibly in 1914?

The Watch Tower teaches this false theology. Originally the date was 1874 and based on pyramidology. The 'end' did not come as prophesied so the date was finagled to 1914 by C.T. Russell.

(see link on 'Divine Plan of the Ages'.chart)

Under the third president of the Watch Tower Knorr the chief theologian Franz, who became the fourth president, began to homogenize and unify the apostasy of the Watch Tower.

Franz stepped away from pyramidology and used the destruction of the temple date again finagling the date from 587 to 607 BCE.

The main tool as to write a bible that was worded in such a way to support the dogma.

The 1914 date was returned to and given as the beginning of gentile times, that Jesus came and approved of the Watchtower as the 'only' group with accurate teaching as of 1918,

Part of the lie is that Jesus came 'invisibly'.

So this doctrine has three obvious errors.

1. 1914 is a false date with no biblical support

2. Gentile times is a false theology

3. Jesus returned invisibly is directly opposed to the bible.

Another obvious fact that shows the Watch Tower lies is that the teaching of the Watch Tower has changed many doctrines since 1918 even though it claims Jesus invisibly approved of what was taught at that time.

_______

The Watch Tower teaches 'all' non JWs will be destroyed and that only by being part of the Watch Tower organization can they have life:

"'A third requirement is that we be associated with God's channel, his organization. God has always used an organization. For example, only those in the ark in Noah's day survived the Flood, and only those associated with the Christian congregation in the first century had God's favor. (Acts 4:12) Similarly, Jehovah is using only one organization today to accomplish his will. To receive everlasting life in the earthly Paradise we must identify that organization and serve God as part of it.'" (Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1983, page 12)

_______

Not only will the 144,000 rule as priests and kings but they are the brothers of the angel that Jesus is according to their teaching.

Jesus is the arch-angel Michael and the 144,000 are equal to Jesus/Michael.

_______

The eschatology is trash. The theology is stinking garbage. It is best for non literate bible believers to not get their hands dirty.
?
2016-05-25 03:10:21 UTC
There are many books on the subject. You can also probably do a search online and get a history of JW's, and Russell, the man that founded them. I have a friend that is a JW. We are very close and even though we disagree ALOT, we are still friends. He doesn't judge me, nor I him.
2009-06-28 08:21:13 UTC
They believe many things...if you check out their website, when you get resurrected the home you love can be re-built too - according to them! [Not sure which scripture they refer to that backs this up tho]

They dont believe that Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are one and the same. They think that blood transfusion is sin, they dont celebrate birthdays or christmas, they believe that Jesus died on a torture stake and not a cross, that Jesus is Michael the archangel - and many other heretical beliefs - I would steer well clear of this organisation x x
danelius90
2009-06-25 05:34:52 UTC
That is the core of the doctrine, I guess.

One would assume that God's judgement on the wicked would spare the true religion. Every denomination would likely argue that, saying that the other denominations are not the correct one. (discounting the "all paths lead to God" argument)

The resurrection of the "righteous and the unrighteous", yes (although there are a few exceptions, those who are subject to the second death) - because "the wages sin pays is death" once one has died you can't be punished for your sins (also used for the "hell doesn't exist" argument)

Then comes the millenial reign. People will learn about God etc, and without any opposing influences. At that time (the reasoning follows) one should be willingly accepting of the provisions made at that time. Only hard hearted, or people who strive for independance (as Adam and Eve did, for example) wouldn't get through.

Satan is released as a final test. It makes sense really, because its easy to do good when everything is going your way, isn't it?

The 144k would be rulers in the kingdom, and humans the subject, God's favor etc etc

The point you were wondering is no. In the beginning, Satan challenged God's right to rule. You can think of this period as the time to prove him wrong, so once it has been proved then God can rightly destroy opposers who say his way is wrong, as it has already been proved otherwise
lillie
2009-06-26 09:10:57 UTC
Kate if you are sincerely looking for an accurate understanding of the Scriptures why not contact your local Kingdom hall of Jehovahs Witnesses?

Someone there would be only too happy to answer your questions and/or have a home bible study with you
2009-06-25 13:27:39 UTC
1. You believe that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914----YES

2. You believe that Armageddon, all wicked ones (non-JW's mostly) will be destroyed----YES

3. Then , God is going to resurrect everyone who died prior to Armageddon.___YES, both the righteous and the unrighteous. The wicked will not be resurrected. The unrighteous are given a 2nd chance because of the righteous.

4. Satan will be put away for a 1,000 years..then released again for a short time. _____YES. Satan will be bound during the millennial reign of Christ which occurs after the wicked are destroyed at Armaggedon

5. Then, all those who didn't what? accept Christ or live a sinless life?..will be destroyed forever and the people who remain are to make the earth into a paradise._____YES. At the end of the 2nd Judgment (the 1000 year rule of Christ) Satan will be let loose to test the people on earth. Those who fall at the end of the 1000 years are like the sands of the sea (cannot number).

6. The 144,000 will rule over these people.____HMMM. The 144,000 or "Born Again" Christians will rule DURING the 1000 years with Christ. They will be ruling over the righteous who will possess the earth, and the righteous and unrighteous ones who are brought back from the dead at the beginning of the 1000 year rule of Christ. Christ 1000 year rule (or millennial rule) occurs right after Armaggedon. At the end of the 1000 year rule of Christ, Jesus will hand over the earth and its rulership to Jehovah God. Thus, both Jesus and "Born Again" Christians will stop ruling when Jesus hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, Jehovah.

7. No one will ever really see Jesus like they did when he lived on earth.____YES. Those who will inherit the earth (the meek and the upright) will not see Jesus. Jesus will never walk the earth the way he did more than 2000 years ago. Of course the 144,000 or "Born Again" Christians will, for there inheritance is heaven coruling with Christ.

8. I was wondering though, doesn't that mean everyone has to go through all of what we are now going through all over again? A 1,000 years is a long time.____NO! Judgment Day or the 1000 year rule of Christ will be a beautiful time to be on earth. It will not be like today. During Judgment day no resident will be sick, no tears, no death from sickness or old age, no mourning or pain, no hunger, no suffering, no homelessness, old ones will become young again. Judgment Day is where you will find the fountain of youth. All the people on earth will be young. 150 year old man will look like he is 30 years old. There will be no old people. If someone attempt to do something evil (murder, rape) he will be put to death immediately even if he is 150 years old.

It is at the end of Judgment Day (millennial rule) that all hell will break loose (figuratively speaking) because it is then that Satan is let loose to test earth's inhabitants one last time. After the testing Satan and all those who sided with him will be destroyed FOREVER!
2009-06-25 05:57:59 UTC
1914 Christ's 'parousia' began - a time of inspectation

Great Tribulation - Opens with False Religion destroyed by decree of the United Nations. Supernatural events occur in the heavens. All remaining mankind Judged faithful or wicked. Satan, his demons imprisoned and all wicked persons destroyed at the climax - Armageddon.

After Armageddon faithful persons will have survived.

1000 years of peaceful rulership by Jesus and 144, 000 co-rulers begins. And a massive global restoration program begins.

During this time Billions who were faithful and others who never knew God or received his message will be brought back to life in healthy bodies. Jesus will provide instructions for all that live gradually make them perfect - sinless. Before the 1000 years are finished the Earth will be a Paradise worldwide.

At the End of the 1000years mankind will have reached perfection being completely sin free.Being as Adam and Eve once were.

Then, Satan will be released from imprisonment and subject perfect mankind to a great deception in which individuals must choose what to believe.

It is thought that survivors of the Great Tribulation will be better prepared than those who were resurrected during the 1000yrs and so the majority who fail this final test will be those who had never been tested before. Satan has a short time limit to mislead as many as he thinks he can, similar to the Last Days we now live in.

When that time is up Fire will pour out of Heaven and devour the mislead ones and Finally Satan will put out of existence forever.

Everlasting life will be a reality thereafter.
Leslie H
2009-06-25 11:36:59 UTC
Pretty good, a few little points not quite right-not everyone will be resurrected-those who die as a direct result of judgement by Jehovah will not be... another point I find; The dead are to be judged according to their deeds, not the deeds they did when they were alive the first time, since the wages sin pays is death, and that has been paid; it will be on the basis of what they do after their resurrection, whether or not they accept Jehovah and His way of doing things. Some, believe it or not, even after being brought back from the dead, will persist in wrongdoing, and they will not remain.

The bible says that the release of Satan will be for a 'short time;, so no, our history will not be repeated. There will be sufficient time for those born into paradise to be tested, and then Satan will be destroyed. Then we all stand on equal footing before Jehovah.
2009-06-27 06:58:07 UTC
Apart from J.W's saying that not everyone who dies prior to Armageddon will be resurrected, you have got their beliefs about end-time matters right. J.W's may say they do not know who will survive Armageddon, but they are adamant that unless you belong to their organisation, you will not survive Armageddon.

Your understanding of what they believe will happen at the end of the 1,000 years, when Satan and his demons are released (for a short time) is also correct. They say that all those people who are not obedient and faithful to the 144,000 will be destroyed forever. Those who remain will live forever on a paradise earth.

And yes, this must mean that no one will ever really see Jesus because the J.W's believe he has already returned (in 1914) only it was invisible. My Bible does not say that, however. My Bible says that Jesus will return in glory and that every eye will behold him and every knee will bow. Also, my Bible says that everyone who calls on the name of Jesus will be saved, and that heaven is not limited to a mere 144,000 persons since the time of Jesus.

Check out the answer given by Jorge. Contrary to what a J.W. said about him being a member of an anti-J.W. cult, his answer is based on Watch Tower Society literature. What is missing from your understanding of J.W. beliefs is exactly what Jorge said - they have been predicting the end of this wicked system of things for almost 100 years.

The other bit of information missing from your understanding of J.W. beliefs is that they have no assurance of salvation. Only some 9,000 of them are anointed and in the new covenant with Christ Jesus as their mediator. The rest (7.1 million) have to strive to be obedient and faithful to the organisation, and even at the end of the 1,000 years they won't know if they've been good enough to warrant God's approval.
Suzy
2009-06-25 10:21:58 UTC
One thing is not correct. The Bible says all those that do not live according to God's Will will not survive Armageddon. It does not say only witnesses will survive. There will be people that do their utmost best to live by the Bible that are not witnesses.

The 1,000 years is after Armageddon and between Satan being let loose for a short time to do what he can to get people to follow him again. They will be no more, after a short period of time and Satan and Christ battle one more time and Satan will be no more. He's really stupid as he already knows it. He's not all that bright.
debbie2243
2009-06-25 13:30:54 UTC
Jesus return...1914 invisibly

Jesus is given the privilege to judge the living and the dead. He will read hearts to discern who gets life and who dies.

The righteous and the unrighteous who were not killed in a judgment period will return.

Satan and his demons will be jailed for 1000 years until earth and all persons will be taught about Jehovah and if they obey they live, disobey and they die....not fry

Satan will tempt some after his release...some will follow him...and they will all be destroyed for all time.

The great crowd will inhabit the earth but a ruling group will go to heaven from earth as a born again creation...they are born to spiritual life and shed their earthly bodies.

In the 1000 years the animals will be tame...People all over the world will live in peace and love. God will bless them with perfect life and youth and health.
Disneys Mickey
2009-06-25 17:02:16 UTC
P.13 of the Truth that leads to Eternal Life reads as follows......

"We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with Gods Word, or they based on traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination. if should be the sincere desire of every one of us to learn what Gods will is for us and then do it."

By naming the name of Jehovah, and Jesus Christ, the Jehovah Witness is associated with Mormons, Catholics and Protestants, as they are discussing the same thing, albeit with different definitions. .

It is a rare day you get any Jehovah Witness to look at what you have that conflicts with their teachings. However, Bill Cetnar, one of the key writers for the Q&A for the Watchtower for most of his life, read Dr.Walter Martin's book: "Jehovah of the WatchTower. " Bill read the book, though not all at once as it somewhat infuriated him....but finally finished it, and walked into a meeting and asked all of the board members: "Who is Jesus?" They replied, "why Bill, you know who he is, you write the answers to half the U.S." He replied, that he had serious doubts of CT Russells ideas.....and they subsequently said if he did not repent he would be disfellowshipped. He said you cant disfellowship me because I quit....I want the real Jesus.

Bill later accepted the real Jesus of the Bible, ...Jesus who claimed to be Jehovah God ( the I AM in John 8 ) Bill told a group of us, that you could be right on all sorts of periferal doctrines , but if you are wrong on who Jesus is, who he said He was, you will be wrong enough to lose your soul for all eternity.

Comaraderie is fun, seemingly safe when in the middle of the faithful, but keep in mind, each of us will stand alone before God. Jesus asked us to accept Him on His terms, on His definition of who He said He was, and both Joseph, Brigham, Charles Russell, and Mr Rutheford are stuck in a false Jesus... Please, have the courage to read the evidence in this book.....your "eternal life depends on it"

Re: . II Corinthians 4:3-4 ... Paul telling of others being blinded by Satan.... is serious. There are false Christs. and those who pretend to be Him. Jesus is not Michael the Archangel.....He is God the Son, and he said so.

p.s. It is truly heartbreaking to watch anyone believe twisted scripture, and not see the evidence that proves it is twisted. The WatchTower has never had a Greek scholar, nor do they understand Biblical exegesis, or rules of language translation. eg: .....the following words are unique vernacular to a particular time period: "cool, boss, bitchen, way out, sick, trick, etc" Usage of them will date you to that time period and to translate them takes understanding. Russell was not a translator or scholar. Russell/Rutherford were not as altruistic as you might believe, and they have perpetrated the biggest lie about Jesus possible.......that He is not God incarnate.
conundrum
2009-06-28 21:10:49 UTC
The bible is always Correct..
papa G
2009-06-25 05:43:25 UTC
You summed it up so well. First of all we don't judge who is wicked or not. Could be some witnesses that will be destroyed at Armageddon, we don't know. We leave the judging to Jehovah.

Concerning the thousand years, I look at it this way, it took Adam , who was perfect , almost a thousand years to grow old and die, so it would take us a thousand years to reach perfection. The final test will come when mankind is in a perfect state and ready for the test.

Yeah, one thousand years is overwhelming, but in God's eyes it's like a day.
peacelily
2009-06-25 14:18:00 UTC
It is true that they have changed their doctrine on Jesus' invisible return. It was very subtle, and I think it took awhile for the older JWs to catch on, because as recent as 4 years ago, when I studied with a couple, they were still telling me Jesus was reigning invisibly on the earth, even though the book we were studying said otherwise. I didn't catch the change until just recently, and my answer to this question shows how I finally figured it out:

https://answersrip.com/question/index?qid=20090610193629AAUuNkl&show=7#profile-info-oVHFz52Laa
בַר אֱנָשׁ (bar_enosh)
2009-06-25 13:45:36 UTC
As the saying goes, "the devil is in the details." You've made some incorrect assumptions and twists here and there.

Please read the Bible book of Revelation if you want to know what we believe about these things. What we teach is based on what the Bible says.

Or, go to our official website at

http://www.watchtower.org
An Earthly Hope
2009-06-25 10:56:20 UTC
1000 years a long time? How old are you? I'm 46. If this world keeps going I'll live maybe another 30 years. I was just 10 yrs old yesterday. C'mon, time goes quickly. 1000 years out of an eternity is nothing .

But, Jehovah reads the heart and he is the only judge, not me or anyone else. So who he destroys will be his choosing. When Jesus was on earth he preached about his fathers Kingdom and how it will crush the Kingdoms of the earth (Human Governments) and also spoke about his promises of everlasting life on earth.
Poя¢єℓαιη Vєѕѕєℓ (στην αλήθεια)
2009-06-25 06:38:11 UTC
Apart from the corrections that Poto gave you, everything seems correct.

It won't all start again. It will never be allowed to degenerate to the state it is now for three reasons..

1) Satan will be locked away during the 1,000 years & will only be let out for a short period of time & then will be eliminated totally. Today we have Satan's influence permeating every part of society. The world is completely under his control & influence.

2) We will have perfect bodies which means that we will naturally lean toward doing good. We now have this sinful inherited imperfect flesh to deal with which makes it hard but with perfect minds & bodies we will be living as Jehovah intended.

3) We will be under righteous rule, unlike today, which is rule by corrupted governments.

The bible also shows that if someone was to start down the path that Satan started (rebellion etc), that he would be removed before he/she could have any adverse affect on society. True, many will be led off by Satan at the end of the 1,000 years but Jehovah wont allow unrighteousness to go on unpunished during the 1,000 years for the sake of the righteous ones.

1,000 years does sound a lot to us limited humans now, but it is a mere drop in a bucket compared with what Jehovah has in store for us ultimately.
?
2009-06-25 11:18:52 UTC
once satan is released again, Jehovah will not allow things to get like they have till this day. Anyone who rebels will be destroyed. 1000 is not a long time, plus that will allow us to get ready for satan's return.
jen
2009-06-25 06:00:26 UTC
After being a bible student 46 years, I like to tell the whole story.

Matt.1:1-17.

N.T. goes back to O. T. Genesis, Abraham is son #20 in genealogy of Jesus born year 2008, covenant 2083, dies 2183, king David is son #34, born year 2959, king year 2989, dies year 3029, Judah kings end at Babylon and son #48, year 3460 [ 606 BCE, Jehoiachin is 1st of the last 14 generations before Christ, John 3:13-16 [ Acts 2:27-35, Jesus is to be at God right hand after he ascends 31 1/2 CE, until enemies are on footstool earth under his feet 1914 CE ], year 3460, at 2009 CE, that was 2615 years ago [ 2300 years, 1694 CE, year 5760, word in circulation, 2500 years, 1894 CE, year 5960 Michael and word in the time of the end, 2520 years, 1914 CE, year 5980, Michael cast enemies down, Rev.12:3,4,6-11,12; a short time in the time of the end,

Rev.9:1-5 [ 5x 30 = ] 150 pit open for Satan, God's sealed are there, Dan.12:1-9,10-13; now a place is prepared John 14:3, as expected, Rom.16:20; for firstfruits, 1Cor.15:22-28, 51-53, Rev.14:1-6,7; first resurrected, Rev.20:1-6, that are priest of God and Christ, to reign with Christ 1000 years, after: 2544, 45-51 years, 1938 CE, 1939 to 1945 CE, year 6004, 05 to 6011 of WW2 not given by Daniel, Rev.13:11-18; 2580 years, year 6040 but now at 2009 CE is 2615 years, year 6075 [ of 2670 years less 2520 years is 150 yrs, 2064 CE, less 1914 CE, year 6130 less year 5980 ]. Matt.24:3,7,14, 15, 21- 22- 24, 34, 36 [ God alone knows day and hour ], all other time is given, time can be cut short. Rev. 9:1-5 [ 5x 30 = ] 150, pit is open for Satan, God's sealed are there [ 2670 less 2520 is 150 years, Satan's short time, Rev.9:12-16; Rev. 16:12-16; Michael is there to the last, 1Thes.4:15-17; there are the great tribulation survivors, Rev.7:9-17; The sheep, Matt.25:31-34, 41; of earth concerned, Rev.11:18, and Children of the light of times and seasons, that Jesus does not come to as a thief in the night, 1Thes.5: 1-9,21,22; Rev.10:1-6,7-10,12,13, Resurrection goes back to Abel who died on the first day of day seven, after 1000 years ends, no more Satan or any like him, saints [ holy one ], are on the breadth of the earth, joined by heavenly coming down from God out of heaven, Rev.2:7; 21:1-5, God is with his heavenly and earthly family. Rev.21:8; Earth is cleansed. SEE God and Christ and the heavenly OR NOT, ALL WILL KNOW ALL.

EDIT: Strange to me that people can examine C. T. Russell as he examined all possible that he could examine, and had to consider much, but found the right place for the 2520 years, no others had managed to do, it can't go less than Dan.8:12-14; 2300 day years to the word of truth is in circulation in the final part of the last days as Michael, Dan. 12:1-9,10-13, is in the time of the end, Dan.12:1-7, 7:25, 2500 years, Dan.12:1-10, 4:32; 2520 years to Rev.12:3,4,6-11,12; WW2 not given, Dan.12:1-11 [ 2x 1290 = ] 2580 and Rev.12:6,14 [ 2x 1260 = 2520 plus 1260 days is 3 1/2 years WW1 ], Dan.12:1-12 [ 2x 1335 = ] 2670 and at 2009 CE, it is 2615 years, C. T. Russell did better than the whole world had ever done before him in his search, to help me see Daniel 12:1-13, is the sum of the whole time but the day and hour.
2009-06-25 05:51:17 UTC
Jesus returned invisibly in 1914??...begun to rule in heaven he is in heaven.....not in earth in heaven.

Now using the bible evaluate if is true or false...and if is false why is false.
Kevin Jess
2009-06-25 11:29:21 UTC
Definition: The worldwide Christian society of people who actively bear witness regarding Jehovah God and his purposes affecting mankind. They base their beliefs solely on the Bible.

What beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses set them apart as different from other religions?

(1) Bible: Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God, and instead of adhering to a creed based on human tradition, they hold to the Bible as the standard for all their beliefs.

(2) God: They worship Jehovah as the only true God and freely speak to others about him and his loving purposes toward mankind. Anyone who publicly witnesses about Jehovah is usually identified as belonging to the one group—“Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

(3) Jesus Christ: They believe, not that Jesus Christ is part of a Trinity, but that, as the Bible says, he is the Son of God, the first of God’s creations; that he had a prehuman existence and that his life was transferred from heaven to the womb of a virgin, Mary; that his perfect human life laid down in sacrifice makes possible salvation to eternal life for those who exercise faith; that Christ is actively ruling as King, with God-given authority over all the earth since 1914.

(4) God’s Kingdom: They believe that God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind; that it is a real government; that it will soon destroy the present wicked system of things, including all human governments, and that it will produce a new system in which righteousness will prevail.

(5) Heavenly life: They believe that 144,000 spirit-anointed Christians will share with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom, ruling as kings with him. They do not believe that heaven is the reward for everyone who is “good.”

(6) The earth: They believe that God’s original purpose for the earth will be fulfilled; that the earth will be completely populated by worshipers of Jehovah and that these will be able to enjoy eternal life in human perfection; that even the dead will be raised to an opportunity to share in these blessings.

(7) Death: They believe that the dead are conscious of absolutely nothing; that they are experiencing neither pain nor pleasure in some spirit realm; that they do not exist except in God’s memory, so hope for their future life lies in a resurrection from the dead.

(8) Last days: They believe that we are living now, since 1914, in the last days of this wicked system of things; that some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world; that lovers of righteousness will survive into a cleansed earth.

(9) Separate from the world: They earnestly endeavor to be no part of the world, as Jesus said would be true of his followers. They show genuine Christian love for their neighbors, but they do not share in the politics or the wars of any nation. They provide for the material needs of their families but shun the world’s avid pursuit of material things and personal fame and its excessive indulgence in pleasure.

(10) Apply Bible counsel: They believe that it is important to apply the counsel of God’s Word in everyday life now—at home, in school, in business, in their congregation. Regardless of a person’s past way of life, he may become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses if he abandons practices condemned by God’s Word and applies its godly counsel. But if anyone thereafter makes a practice of adultery, fornication, homosexuality, drug abuse, drunkenness, lying, or stealing, he will be disfellowshipped from the organization.

(The above list briefly states some outstanding beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses but by no means all the points on which their beliefs are different from those of other groups.
2009-06-25 07:47:16 UTC
Here is what the cult believes:

1) Yes, they believe Jesus returned invisibly in 1914

2) Yes, at Armageddon, all wicked humans will be destroyed - Non-Jehovahs Witlessness

3) God will resurrect many both righteous and unrighteous, but not everyone. Some will get a sentence of "judgment" or death.

4) Yes, during the thousand year reign Satan and his demons will be locked away in a "death-like" abyss.

5) As far as those who didn't live a life in harmony with Godly standards and those who led a sin-filled life these ones will be judged by God as he is the only true reader of hearts, so only he will judge all. (This much is true period in the Bible, however, the witlessness lean more towards these ones being destroyed)

6) Yes, they believe that those who do SURVIVE Armageddon, and those who are "gradually" resurrected during the 1,000 year reign will eventually make the earth back to its parasidic state and live forever upon the earth.

7) The 144,000 ONLY OF THEIR KLAN, and the only humans in the earth who are of the annointed, meaning they are the only ones who go to heaven out of us 7,000,000,000 (7 Billion) humans in the earth, will rule over the earthlings along side Jesus as priests and kings in heaven; women and men.

8) The 144,000 will see Jesus because they will reign with him, according to them.

Now, this is the interesting part, there is laden mental illness abound. In my small town congregation, kingdom hall, there are 4 of these so-called 144,000 right there! How on God's green earth, can FOUR of them be right in my small tiny home town? They are ALL women too.

It just makes no sense, but then again that's how cults operate. Join now, never think for yourself later.

9) After the 1,000 year reign Satan and his demons will be released for only a short time to see if they can turn anyone in the earth away from God. Those who do, those that rebel will be soon cut off for good along with Satan and his demons who will also be destroyed permanently. Then the paradise earth can get on with its people FORVER.Now that's what they teach.

Very hokey at least, and at best, heresy.
K-Dog
2009-06-25 05:31:41 UTC
Everything you mention seems to be spot on. Of coarse there are other important beliefs to Witnesses, namely the blood issue, holidays, and government service. It seems to me though, that your end of the world scenario through the eyes of the Witnesses is perfect.

The teaching, I've been informed, has now changed somewhat regarding Jesus' invisible return in 1914. When I was active, believing in this teaching was quite possibly the most pivotal belief. The 1914 teaching was the basis for a myriad of other teachings.
Jedidoctor
2009-06-25 11:09:26 UTC
Bible chronology and the sign Jesus gave in Matthew Chapter 24 all point to now as the time of the end. For more proof from the Bible, please look at http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_09.htm
A LIFELONG Student
2009-06-25 08:37:52 UTC
Not quite.

I would first suggest reading the bible.

Revelation chapter 20. What is that telling you?

Revelation 16:14-16; 19;11-21 same ?

Matthew 24:3;

Then question what you don't understand about

what the bible says.

NOTE: To all, please make sure that you read

these scriptures in your preferred version

to avoid any hint of conspiracy.
2009-06-25 05:26:46 UTC
Mostly you have things correct, but there are a few points that you're not correct on.

For one, it is not "everyone who died prior to Armageddon" who will be getting a resurrection. Adam & Eve have NO hope of a resurrection. The people who were killed in the Flood of Noah's day will NOT be getting a resurrection, nor will those whom God killed in Sodom and Gomorrah.

For another, we do not have ALL of the exact details of what life will be like when the earth is transformed into a paradise. We cannot give a definite yes or a definite no to ever being able to see Jesus.

When Satan is abyssed for that thousand years......that will have occurred AFTER the battle of Armageddon has wiped out all human governments, rulerships, and humans who have lived and stood in opposition to God's kingdom. It will take place AFTER all elements of Satanic false religion in the world will have been removed. Also, it's not only Satan who will be abyssed, but his demons as well. So during that thousand year reign of Christ, the earth will finally be at complete peace. We will be educating those who have died and are resurrected in God's ways, and transforming the earth into a paradise. We will NOT be experiencing sickness, death, disease, crime, and so forth during that time period.

=====================

I wouldn't pay much attention to Jorge's comment. The Anti-JW cult he's a member of love to spin, twist, and distort information (as well has focus their attention on information from many decades past) to turn people away from Jehovah's Witnesses. As agents of Satan, they do their job eagerly......although their tired act and ridiculously slanderous remarks make them laughingstocks.

(Free advice to them: you may want to wise and straighten yourselves out......free yourselves from your hatred and ignorance before it's too late.)
Dino
2009-06-25 05:37:30 UTC
You know they offer free home bible studies with no obligations from you except a little bit of your time. Why don't you sit down with them the next time they come by and with your bible discuss your questions.
Debs
2009-06-25 10:30:07 UTC
All wicked ones will be destroyed (non-JW's mostly). Answer: As it is written "There is NO one righteous, not even one. Also there is NO one who does good, not even one." Romans chapter 3

"Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord (Jesus Christ) will never count against him." Romans chapter 4

"It was not through law that Abraham and his offsprings (all nations) received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the RIGHTEOUSNESS that comes by FAITH. For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has NO value and the promise is worthless, because law brings WRATH. And where there is NO law there is NO transgression." Romans chapter 4

"While we were still sinners, Christ died for US." Romans chapter 5

"If you confess with your mouth that "Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (

Confess that Jesus is God and you will be saved) Romans chapter 10

"And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives IN you." Romans chapter 8

The Spirit of God raised Jesus from the dead. Jesus flesh died and his Spirit lived; and through the Spirit Jesus was raised from the dead.

Jesus Christ is God incarnate. God in flesh walked the earth. ONE with the Spirit.
2009-06-25 08:23:14 UTC
You have accurately summarized the Witnesses' unique eschatological beliefs.

For example, you correctly point out that the Witnesses teach that Jesus returned INVISIBLY in 1914. The back story behind this is interesting. For over 30 years prior to 1914, Watchtower President C.T. Russell preached that 1914 would mark the END of the Battle of Armageddon and of the rapture of the church.

Well, 1914 came and went with no Battle of Armageddon and no rapture. Thus, Russell had to come up with a cover story. He decided to say that Jesus actually HAD returned...but it was INVISIBLE. This was a smooth move. Nobody could prove him wrong--after all, it was invisible...sort of like the emperor's new clothes.

Today, Jehovah's Witnesses still believe Russell's cover story...and The End still hasn't come.

Here's a bit of free advice for the Witnesses: Save for retirement. You're going to need it. You'll thank me later.

Regards,

Jorge
2009-06-25 07:08:54 UTC
I'm not a JW but yes you are correct that they are their core beliefs.

No hope for the likes of me that believe they are a false religion.

I will be one of those that wont get resurrected...but that suits me.

I cant think of anything worse than being resurrected to a land full of self righteous false prophets.

To me that would be eternal hell, I would rather stay dead thanks.
Zena IC XC NIKA
2009-06-25 11:07:42 UTC
JW BELIEFS ARE FALSE. THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIAN

YOU MAY HAVE SOME OF THE JW BELIEFS BUT SOME OR HIDDEN.. DID YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES THE JW PREDICTED THE END OF THE WORLD THAT NEVER CAME ?

AS LATELY AS 1975 AND IN 1914 and many times before

end of the world in 1914 and ... the JW have tried to ignore. Their doctrines have changed so many times. ...

http://www.4jehovah.org/help-1975-prophecy.php

OF THAT TIME KNOWETH NO MAN .. IN BIBLE

But Of That Day And Hour Knoweth No Man? (Bible) by Mo.But Of That Day And Hour Knoweth No Man? (Bible) - by Mo. ... shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment. ...

www.poemhunter.com/.../but-of-that-day-and-hour-knoweth-no-man-bible

YOU DID NOT SUM UP THAT FACT THAT JW BELIEVE JESUS IS THE ARCH ANGEL MICHAEL..

YOU DID NOT SUM UP THAT CHRIST WILL RISE AS THE RESURRECTION AND THE LIFE .. GOD..

JW BELIEVE THEAR ARCH. ( MEANS CHIEF OF PRINCIPLAL)

AND THE ONLY ONE THAT IS IS JESUS CHRIST

AND QUOTE THESS. 4.16 REFERS TO JESUS CHRIST.AS THE RESURRECTED ( ARCHANGEL MICHAEL.

THEN THE LORD WILL DESEND FROM HEAVENS WITH AN ARCHANGEL'S VOICE AND WITH THE TRUMPET OF GOD .. AND THOSE DEAD WITH CHRIST WILL RISE FIRST> THUS THE ONLY NAME ASSOCIATED WITH "ARCHANGEL) IS MICHAEL JUDE 9

HOWEVER MICHAEL WAS ALWAYS AND ANGEL AND NEVER JESUS CHRIST. AND JESUS CHRIST IS IN HEAVEN NOW AND WHERE IS MICHAEL.. IN JESUS? NO,.. MICHAEL IS THE ARCHANGEL AS HE ALWAYS WAS.

THUS THEY ARE FEEDING ALL A LOT OF APOSTACY

HERE ARE SOME OF THE QUOTES THEY USE TO PROVE?

MICHAEL IS JESUSGENESIS 3.15 REV 12.7 DANIEL 12.1.

MATT 24.21.30.31/ MATT. 13.41. SPUN TO PROFFER MICHAEL IS JESUS.. WHEN YOU ARE IN THE CULT.. THE APOSTACY CULT OF JEHOVAH WITNESSES.

IC XC NIKA . ( JESUS CHRIST CONQUERS)

KYRIE ELEISON.. LORD HAVE MERCY

JESUS IS GOD

MICHAEL IS NOT JESUS CHRIST THE LORD OF ALL

. .
zaatheist
2009-06-25 05:32:10 UTC
C'mon! Are there really people who believe those things? How do I become one of the 144000?
The Brown Cow [self-made]
2009-06-25 05:11:58 UTC
Haha, sounds silly to me.