Question:
Who has killed more people in the United States for the purpose of their religion: Christians or Satanists?
John C
2006-02-19 21:57:27 UTC
I asked another question that was similar but significantly different. Instead of answering the question I asked, a lot of people answered a different question - basically this one.

Therefore I decided to ask this question as well, so they can respond to the appropriate question for the answer they want to give.

Some people brought up the slogan of "manifest destiny" which is attributed to the newly constituted United States during its expansionist phase in North America.

So by rights, that can be taken into account in answering this question.

"Manifest Destiny is a phrase that expressed the belief that the United States had a divinely inspired mission to expand, spreading its form of democracy and freedom." - source: Wikipedia
Seven answers:
2006-02-19 22:38:08 UTC
I have to answer you question the way you asked it. Satanists killed more people for the purpose of their religion.Christians and those claiming to be, killed people for greed,selfishness and false freedom, not for their religion.
bakos
2016-10-15 01:12:41 UTC
america is a sparkling usa created, in part, for the sake of non secular freedom. Islamics might have the main murders for the objective of religion. of direction, the media has a tendency to shrink the two Islamic and Satanic murders, speculating that the deaths would have been brought about by using somebody else. For 9/11 the media grew to become into unable to gloss it over.
mattias carlsson
2006-02-20 00:36:28 UTC
Christians.

An interesting aspect would of course be percentage :) Not that many satanists around really, but which religions harbours most killers?

In Europe you have the ghastly crusades that put an eternal fire of hate among turks and arab countries.

Personally I think that people who are religious are moraly more sound than other people. And I don't believe the choice of religion affects that either, but feel free to prove me wrong. :)
Seraphina
2006-02-20 06:20:03 UTC
The basic flaw in your question remains the same. Satanist don't kill people. They haven't, as a group; killed one person in the United States. It doesn't happen. Yes, you get a few morons who claim to be Satanists and they've killed a few people. Claiming to be one doesn't make it so. So, to answer your question by looking only at the facts, the answer is Christians. But, since one group in your equation didn't kill anybody, the question is flawed.
?
2006-02-20 00:36:45 UTC
People let's get one thing perfectly clear,those that goes around killing people in the name of God are not servants of the lord.

All they were was a bunch of ill-minded and disturbed people who used the Bible ,other than what the teachings of the Bible was meant for,to satisfy their own lust to commit violent crimes.

David Koresh that was the cause of what happened at Waco,Texas was not a christian but just a bum and a dopehead with some issues against the govrnment.

Timothy McVeigh wasn't a christian either he got kicked out of the military so he decided that he was going to get even with the govrnment by blowing up a Federal Building in Oklahoma City,Oklahoma.

Jim Jones started out as a pastor but somewhere down the line he went astray from God and moved his church out of the country to avoid prosecution of tax evasion,fraud,drug-related crimes and his church cease to be a church and became a cult which in the end he had everybody brainwashed to commit suicide by drinking poison to avoid prosecution.

These are not true acts and ways of christianity but yes we do get sort of uptight from time to time because we get persecuted so much and its been like this for so long to where at times we seem to get a little heated and snappy but what did you expect.

We christians are only made of flesh and blood and we have feelings too just like you do and just like you we too can just take so much.
amazinggrace
2006-02-19 22:02:40 UTC
I blushingly affirm... people who claim to be Christians have, actually there have been very few people killed at the hands of satanists (there are very few satanists) but Christians have killed a lot of people even inadvertantly. But I would like to note I firmly confess that Jesus Christ would never have endorsed such behavior-- ever
iamookae
2006-02-19 22:29:33 UTC
I think more people have killed in the name of God than in the name of anything else! a lot of wars are started over who's god is who and who's god is the true god.

funny though, I thought there was only one god. If there even is one.