Question:
How do noncatholic christians worship?
x4bidnluvx
2006-02-23 17:12:38 UTC
I'm catholic and I was always curious about how other people of other religions worship...especially how other christians worship =). i have great respect for all ways of worship...unless you practice human sacrifice or something...but other than that. i find other religions very intriguing. i'm not looking to convert but i want to learn abouth other paths. anyone care to share?
Sixteen answers:
JoJoCieCie
2006-02-23 17:47:25 UTC
I was raised Catholic, and I loved it, and I stayed Catholic until I was about 24 years old. At that time, I started questioning other religions, which led me to the Church of God. I remained in that church for about 10 years. Worship in that church was singing, hearing sermons, fellowship, and Bible study. It was quite different from what I was used to in the Catholic church. There were no statues, no Rosary, no Communion, no confession, no Holidays like Christmas or Easter, etc. Instead of those days, we had Sabbath on Saturday, there was Baptism by immersion, and we celebrated God's Holy Days, Pentecost, Trumpets, Passover, etc...Regular Sabbath was like a social gathering after the service. We stayed and visited with each other, ( there were about a thousand people then) We sang a few hymns, and sometimes there was special music, where someone would sing a solo.

It was very nice, and I enjoyed it, but I have moved on...and the most important thing is that I am still a Christian. A person can be a Christian in any church; it's what's in your heart and it's that you are close to your Creator.
amazinggrace
2006-02-23 17:35:51 UTC
I've been to catholic services and just about every denomination protestant service, we (protestants) have longer sermons (homilies) and most denominations put far less emphasis on communion (the eucharist) we also use crosses instead of crucifixes these are the big three, also the sermons are often more scriptural, that is we will make a statement and back it up with 2-3 bible verses... but that depends on the church... beyond that we are extraordinarily varied, we go from dancing in the isles to hymns with the organ, speaking in toungues to sitting in silence... if you'd like I'd like to extend a personal invitation for you to come to a protestant church (If you're in CT or MA I can hook you up with a great one) and see what it's like, it may be uncomfortable but it's a great learning experience
really?
2006-02-23 18:14:35 UTC
i am Non Denominational, and i attended a Catholic Church for a few yrs, so i can tell you exactly whats different.

Catholics, whom i very much respect, God bless you sister, its not a bad thing by any means, but Catholic Mass is repetetive to an extent. comparison, They have certain prayers and scriptures that are recited and repeated in every sermon. you wont find this in my Church. every sermon is fresh and new, nothing is repeated . Catholics also have more ritualistic traditions, theres really not too many rituals in our Church, though we do recieve communion.

i see absolutely nothing wrong with the Catholic worship style its just not for me.

I love the messages i get more in our sermons, and praise and worship....woooooooooo honey! we SHOW the Lord how excited and passionate and on fire we are for him , and i find it so powerful and moving.

Hope that helped , God Bless!
dunkel
2016-12-18 12:11:37 UTC
i'm Catholic and that i've got by no skill heard of any, only those human beings who hate on a case by using case foundation. CJ (AKA Chris) is a suitable occasion of a individual who as a substitute of residing for Christ and His be conscious, expects Christ to comply together with his very own ideals, this is why he's incorrect, and for his sake permit's pray he stops spewing hatred in the direction of Christ's Church and accepts all his brothers and sisters in Christ. Christ's Church substitute into well-known in the previous the NT substitute into written, no longer any different way around, so i think of that in case you think in simple terms interior the bible then you relatively're a bible worshiper. Merry Christmas !
dani_kin
2006-02-23 17:36:03 UTC
You might want to try going to other services. I was raised catholic, but I've been to lutheran, pentecostal, and non-denominational services. I've also been to Greek Orthodox and Coptic Christian services when I was in Cyprus for a summer abroad thing. Seeing it is really the best way to tell the difference.
gracewalk_radio
2006-02-23 18:37:36 UTC
I am encouraged, by, the mostly, thoughtful answers to this question of yours. I was raised Catholic, but started reading The Bible back in the early 80's in order to make my Confirmation. When I started reading it, I began to have many questions, till finally, I started asking God, to reveal Himself to me. ...which leads me to 2006. I believe, that everything I do, in Christ, is an act of worship. Both in church, and out of, church. In ACTS 17 it says, "that in Him, we live and move and have our being." So nothing that I do can be done outside of being, in Christ. I thank and praise God that He loves me, and that there is nothing that I can do or fail to do that will make Him love me any more or any less.
ahc24
2006-02-23 18:07:06 UTC
Followers of the Way worship in spirit and in truth. We put God first instead of going by the vain traditions of mere men.
stan7a
2006-02-23 17:50:54 UTC
Man, there's various ways, some through: drama, dance, song, instruments, no music just acopella, just raising of hands, lying prostrate on the floor, and crying with tremendous joy going through your body, etc.

Just depends on the church, the people if their open to it or not, etc.
blessedonengod
2006-02-23 17:21:08 UTC
I'm holiness. I believe in the whole Bible. I apply it to my

life. Serving God in spirit and in truth. I don't believe

in one who serves god should sin freely. Example: Going out

to a club all night then going to church to pray on Sunday

morning. That's messed up. God hates sin. Jesus died so we

can get forgiveness for our sins and be free of it.
Savaya
2006-02-23 23:21:37 UTC
pray, singing, I dance and also wave different colored banners or worship flags sometimes. I pray in tongues. I only pray to the Father through the Name of Jesus Christ, and I praise Jesus Christ.
UNITool
2006-02-23 17:20:03 UTC
Prayer, word of god (bible readings), significantly more music. Highly recommend you try to experience some different denominations. Try traditional protestant services and contemporary. You will be welcomed.
Auryheana
2006-02-23 17:41:22 UTC
In alot of ways the same as you, just to different gods.
jake
2006-02-23 17:17:46 UTC
Prayer, religious songs, some from hymnals.
jon c.
2006-02-23 17:21:28 UTC
it depends on the religion. they all have something different.
goldie
2006-02-23 17:19:40 UTC
yeah
Consuming Fire